“THE RAPTURE — Reviving the Blessed Hope of Thessalonians”
PROPHECY IN THE NEWS TV PROGRAM, April 8, 2016
with DR. DOUGLAS STAUFFER
I’m pleased to share the 28-minute Prophecy in the News program posted on April 8, 2016, with Dr. Douglas Stauffer, co-author of a new book with his friend and preacher, Andrew Ray. I was privileged to host Doug in the studios of Prophecy in the News. The book discussed was this great new study on the rapture of the church: Reviving the Blessed Hope of Thessalonians. It is a strong defense of the Pre-Tribulation position.
We had a great time together and cover a number of vital issues. I hope you have time to watch the program. Here is the link to YouTube to view it on your PC or MAC –> CLICK HERE.
In the program, we have a lively discussion. We talk about his new book: REVIVING THE BLESSED HOPE OF THESSALONIANS.
Here are some of the questions I ask (NOTE: I TRY NOT TO THROW UP SOFTBALLS!)
- What is special about the church at Thessalonica? Is was ‘on fire’ for prophecy? Why?
- Is there a distinction between the rapture and the Second Advent?
- Is suffering still likely for Christians before the Rapture of the Church? Does the Pre-Tribulation Rapture doctrine teach an escapist faith?
- What is the essence of what Doug Stauffer teaches? What does he mean by being prepared?
- Is the rapture a “signless event” and what are the implications? “The Jews require a sign and the Greeks seek after wisdom.” Was the Blood Moon phenomenon healthy?
- Were we “date setting” with the Blood moon enthusiasm?
- Was the 1948 event of Israel becoming a nation a sign, did it relate to predicting the timing of the Second Advent? Is it okay for us to be looking at the signs in the last days?
- What does it mean that Christ comes Himself for His church rather than an angel? 1 Thessalonians 3:13, “that he may establish your hearts in holiness.” “Being with Christ in glory” and with the Father as well. What are the implications of this?
- What are the challenges of the post-trib point of view? What does it mean to talk about a vertical then horizontal return of Christ? “In Revelation 19, the armies come from heaven.” What does this infer about the “third heaven”?
- Is the Day of the Lord different from the Day of Christ?
Be sure to pick up a copy of the book, REVIVING THE BLESSED HOPE OF THESSALONIANS from Prophecy in the News to support their ministry. It is also available on Kindle.
Also, I’m pleased to announce my new book:
MISTAKEN IDENTITY: THE CASE AGAINST THE ISLAMIC ANTICHRIST. IT IS AVAILABLE NOW IN PAPERBACK AT CREATESPACE (AMAZON) AT THIS LOCATION ($13.95).
Blessings to everyone and have a great week! Let me know if you enjoy the TV program. I’m still learning how to be a talk show host! — Doug Woodward