Revising Reality seeks to provide a sweeping explanation for the nature of our universe based upon what the Bible teaches about God, about humanity, and the nature of the creation. Additionally, it brings to bear new insight about the universe from many scientists that dispute the “standard model” of reality.
As editor of the book written in concert with Anthony Patch, Josh Peck, and Gonzo Shimura, I have developed a series of “key messages” that help to focus the reader on topics that lie at the center of the book. These “messages” provide an “executive summary” of sorts to help guide the reader (as well as share with prospective readers) concerning what the book attempts to disclose. The new insights we offer in this 300-plus book demand revision to the view of reality most Christians hold. In short, Revising Reality builds upon biblical theology and alternative physics, and confronts the false notions that this generation has been taught about ancient religions and modern science.
So many new and challenging ideas has been at the center of discussions about the “end of days”, (e.g., fallen angels, Nephilim, Transhumanism, the “Singularity”, hybrid breeding, opening dimensions to discover entities and other parallel universes) we believed it would be important to integrate these various notions into an up-to-date description of the Cosmos. Additionally, the authors felt it worthwhile to warn the Church what could happen in the months ahead as a direct result of the unfettered advances of scientists – especially in those cases arguably spurred on by occult assumptions about reality. The activity in Switzerland at the Large Hadron Collider, known as CERN, is the foremost example of such activity.
These key messages will be shared during the next 10 days or so in my blog. Here is Part I which delves into the relevance of Cosmology to the Bible.
KEY MESSAGES TO REVISING REALITY – Part One
Christians today lack wisdom concerning the nature of the creation. We have been taught lies about the structure of the universe from the smallest particle to the largest galaxy. New scientific discoveries as well as authentic insights into the ancient text of the Bible give occasion to revise our understanding in accordance to what the Lord God would have us know about Him and His creation. This book blends the efforts and insights of four researchers and writers, drawing further wisdom from the writings and teachings of many more scientists and biblical scholars. Our intent is to enable you, the reader, to revise your understanding of reality. The first and foremost premise is that the Cosmos was created by the Word of God. “In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth” (Genesis 1:1, ESV). “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.” (John 1:1-3, ESV) Cosmology begins with God creating.
The Bible is a book that begins and ends with Cosmology. God created an “ordered creation” according to the witness of Genesis. However, the creation appears to have been in a chaotic state, a “wasteland” formless and void when He restored it. It was deluged with water. After its restoration, the creation was very good.
- Genesis 1:2 – “And the earth was waste and empty, and darkness was on the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.” (Darby)
- 2 Peter 3:5-7, 10 – “For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God, and that by means of these the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished. But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly. But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed.”
Humanity will one day soon be glorified to reign with God over the Cosmos. God created humankind as men and women. In His Image He created them. He has redeemed the creation through Christ and will recreate the Cosmos restoring humanity to its proper place – in fellowship with Him and to rule and reign over the Creation with Him.
- Genesis 1:27 – “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.” (ESV)
- Romans 8:19-21 – “For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hopethat the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God.”
- Revelation 21:1-5 – “Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place[a] of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” (ESV)
The universe has a unifying “atmosphere” which permeates all of reality. This “Cosmos” has given birth to galaxies, stars, and planets, at the macro-end of existence while it consists of atoms and quanta: the smallest particles at the micro-end of existence, e.g., quarks, gluons. The standard academic view asserts 96% of the universe cannot be discerned by humanity through any of its instruments. We believe this is one of the principal falsehoods of academically accepted science. The “standard model” asserts that space is a vacuum. In contrast, we believe space is filled was ionized gas known as plasma. The plasma serves as a medium throughout the universe to propagate electromagnetic waves between heavenly bodies, just as air propagates sound waves within the atmosphere of earth. This substance is known as the “aether” (the Greek word for atmosphere). Science has debated the presence of the aether for centuries. The Bible seems to imply that the aether exists throughout the heavens. Many scientists today that challenge the standard model assert this aether have been proven to exist in numerous way.
Secularism and atheism oppose what the Bible teaches about how the Cosmos began and how it will end. “Scientism” has persuaded us all into believing the universe began with a Big Bang and expands endlessly until it eventually dies a cold death of entropy billions of years from now. Paradoxically, despite this dismal fate, science asserts the universe is guided by a non-sentient evolutionary principle that thrusts us toward progress. Supposedly, life inevitably exists and evolves everywhere throughout the universe. Evolution cannot be detected by instruments or proven in the laboratory. Its evidence in geology and biology is inconclusive. However, the standard academic viewpoint asserts that evolution is a proven fact. Thus, Scientism demonstrates that it is built upon unprovable axioms and thus, draws conclusions about the nature of reality that become a matter of faith more than science.
Our reality is fluid (unstable) and threatened by natural mechanisms “built into” the universe. According to Einsteinian physics, the speed of light is a constant that cannot be exceeded; gravity is the dominate force in the universe; existence is haunted by black holes and is comprised mostly of dark matter and dark energy. Time and space are interwoven. Energy consists of mass multiplied by the speed of light, squared (E=mc2). Objects with great mass can bend space and time. What seems “solid and sure” is actually relative to the mass of an object and its speed traveling through the Cosmos. Furthermore, scientists now assert we cannot really be sure our experienced existence will remain constant and “settled” (our past, present or future) as parallel universes may exist promising potentially different outcomes.
(End of part one)